Viget is a hybrid interactive agency/software dev shop headquartered in Falls Church, VA with offices in Durham, NC and Boulder, CO. We've been at it since 1999 and have earned a solid reputation as a rare firm that does both great design and development work when building award-winning web sites. We work with early-stage web start-ups (like Bypass Lane), as well as established non-profits (like World Wildlife Fund) and for-profits (like PUMA). Our UX team provides a range of services - including research, strategy, and design - to those clients. When we can, we also share our methods and our opinions on our design and interaction blog.
Our UX Designers:
- Never tire of discovering what users really need and using creative user research methods to gather those critical insights.
- Have an innate sense of – and strong opinion about – good usability when it comes to web applications, and an ability to clearly articulate both.
- Conceptualize and articulate complex ideas, then document them (using appropriately chosen, informed deliverables such as sketches, wireframes, prototypes, site maps, user flow, personas, and scenarios) to drive decisions, facilitate understanding, and reach consensus.
- Expertly present recommendations – to team members and clients, alike – on elements such as functionality, content, and navigation that are considerate of project scope and phasing.
- Have a proven record of success in managing web projects from straightforward marketing sites to complex web-based products that require loads of custom development.
- Enjoy working with agile development teams for start-up clients and helping those clients focus on realistic deliverables.
- Have a perfectionist nature, but won’t lose momentum because of it.
- Meet deadlines without breaking a sweat (okay, maybe a little sweat).
- Play well with others – and take pride in his/her communicative and collaborative abilities.
- Understand established interactive technologies and possess an undying thirst to learn about new ones.
- Are experts on the latest trends, methods, and tools in the web industry.
To be considered to work at Viget Labs, you should exhibit these characteristics too.
UX Designers must also:
- Have at least 2 years of professional, post-collegiate experience.
- Have a BA, BS, BFA, or equivalent work experience in areas such as human-computer interaction, information science, graphic or industrial design, computer science, fine arts, social sciences such as psychology, or another related field.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, examples of your work, and a thoughtful email that includes specifics about your responsibilities and how you approach your work. Please include your salary requirements. We're open to considering UX designers with varying levels of experience at any of our office locations. Our current priority is our HQ office in Falls Church, VA.
- Falls Church, VA applicants, send your material to email@example.com.
- Durham, NC applicants, send your material to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Boulder, CO applicants, send your material to email@example.com.
Before you get in touch, learn more about Viget's recruiting and hiring practices by reading blog posts by Emily and Anna. You may also want to peruse our photos, our antics, and our ideas. And, of course, you should read Jackson's thoughts on making a strong UX portfolio.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. EOE.
So, knock our socks off already.