Viget is a digital agency headquartered in Falls Church, VA with offices in Durham, NC and Boulder, CO. We are part design studio, part software development shop, part strategy firm, and part marketing agency. We exist to build highly-effective digital products and platforms for clients ranging from emerging start-ups (like HelloWallet) to non-profits (like World Wildlife Fund), to global brands (like Puma). Our work has earned us a national reputation that attracts both exciting client projects and some of the most talented team members in the industry.
We are seeking a personable, professional, and energetic part-time Office Manager to join our team in Durham. This person will be responsible for office operations, event planning, and internal communications. This is an excellent opportunity for growth at an exciting, well-respected company. The right candidate may have a chance to advance into a position in HR, Recruiting, Event Planning, or another area depending on skills and interest.
This position currently requires 10 to 15 hours per week, mostly in the office and on a consistent schedule (for example, M, W, F 10:00 am to 2:00 pm).
- Are excited about working at a small, growing company with other smart, motivated people where your hard work has a real impact on the success of the business.
- Are proactive, high-energy, and reliable.
- Are a real people person. You are comfortable interacting with co-workers, job candidates, and visitors.
- Are organized and detail-oriented. You love efficiently knocking out your responsibilities each day.
- Enjoy research. You're good at digging into a topic, summarizing options, and making recommendations on the best way to proceed.
- Are a team player who will pitch in and help do what it takes to get a job done.
- Are motivated to learn new skills.
- Are well-spoken and have an excellent command of the English language when you speak and write.
- Are a proficient web user, comfortable with web-based software tools such as Gmail, Google Docs, and Basecamp.
- Have an interest in the web industry, a passion for Viget's core values, and would be excited to support us in delivering great services to our clients.
- Support team members, particularly members of the senior staff, in duties ranging from client services to coordinating travel plans.
- Order office supplies, distribute mail, water plants, and order lunches for group meetings.
- Proactively monitor and maintain an optimal professional work environment.
- Research and plan company team-building events and happy hours.
- Coordinate and host company-facilitated seminars and community events.
- Help coordinate communication between Viget's three offices, working closely with Khanh at HQ.
- Perform miscellaneous special projects or research efforts as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to work independently with little oversight.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- A somewhat flexible schedule to accommodate (very occasional) early mornings or late evenings.
Please send your resume and a thoughtful, well-formatted, and error-free email to email@example.com. Your email should touch on a few of the key bullet points outlined above, making a case for why you’re a good fit for the position. Please indicate your schedule as well.
We encourage you to take time to read up on our company so you know what you’re getting into. Here are some blog posts to give you a sense of our culture and values; and this is us on flickr. So, knock our socks off already!
Compensation is commensurate with experience. EOE.