Viget is a digital agency headquartered in Falls Church, VA with offices in Durham, NC and Boulder, CO. We've been at it since 1999 and have earned a solid reputation as a rare firm that does both great design and development work when building award-winning web sites. We work with early-stage web start-ups (like Bypass Lane), as well as established non-profits (like World Wildlife Foundation) and for-profits (like PUMA).
Our team of Front-End Developers work with designers, Ruby developers, and UX specialists to build rich and engaging interfaces. They write about their techniques and opinions on Viget's Inspire and Extend blogs.
Front-End Developers at Viget are expected to:
- Find joy in building smart interfaces from comps and wireframes.
- Have expert-level skills in HTML and CSS, and intermediate experience with Photoshop.
- Be constantly vigilant about web standards, accessibility, and usability.
- Faithfully implement design comps while providing your own touch.
- Know and use Craft, ExpressionEngine, Wordpress, or other blogging/CMS platforms.
- Be on top of cutting-edge front-end development practices and technology (CSS3, canvas, media queries, responsive design, HTML5).
- Have general experience with server-side technology, including PHP and Ruby on Rails.
In addition to coding, FEDs need to be able to:
- Provide reliable ballpark estimates for front-end tasks/deliverables.
- Appreciate, enjoy, and critique design
- Play well with others - and take pride in their communicative and collaborative abilities.
- Enjoy variety in their work, but remain committed to projects that take weeks of focused effort to complete.
- Meet deadlines without breaking a sweat (okay, maybe you will sweat a little sometimes).
You must also:
- Have at least two years of professional, post-collegiate experience.
- Have a BS, BFA or equivalent work experience.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a thoughtful email that includes specifics about how your previous experience matches our job description to: email@example.com. Please include your salary requirements and examples of your work. We're open to considering candidates at any of our office locations.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. EOE.
So, knock our socks off already.